Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Lights, Camera, ACT!





Today, my partner and I planned our final outlines to begin filming this weekend. This way, it is easier and we can jump right into filming, being well prepared knowing exactly what to do. We found our other actresses to be in our film besides my friend. The "victim" character is going to be played by my friend Vernie, who I mentioned before is currently on a full ride scholarship for acting and theater, so she was a perfect actress to find. Up top are some pictures of Vernie acting on stage for American Heritage School.


Also, I know she wont laugh while trying to act and I know she will take her acting seriously. With this, I know me and my partner can get our work done and straight to the point which is going to work GREAT with timing.

I'll also be one of the actresses, along with my mom for a scene at the end of our opening. My partner and I wrote down where the setting is going to be for each scene. We also wrote each actresses specific costume design scene by scene. Additionally, we were thinking about having the first opening scene begin with the kidnapper/stalker looking through pictures of the same girl (which would be different pictures of Vernie, the victim). For Vernie's costume design we were thinking about having her wear different colored bright clothes in each picture the kidnapper is looking at. We were thinking of her wearing different colored sundresses that represent each characteristic about her. For example, we were thinking of having Vernie wear a white sundress (representing her purity and innocence), a pink dress (for femininity), and a yellow dress (representing happiness... well before she gets kidnapped).


The kidnapper is going to wear dark clothes representing the total opposite of the victim. At first, we were thinking of having the kidnapper wear darkish jeans, casually strolling through the park until she sees the victim. But instead, we crossed that idea out and wanted to make more of an excuse of why the kidnapper was at the same park as the victim, so we thought....why not make the kidnapper wear dark running gear? So now, the kidnapper is going to pretend to be on a jog when she sees the victim.


My mom is going to be playing the victims mom towards the end of the opening when she finds out her daughter is now missing. For her costume design, we want her to wear a blue top (representing sadness) with messy hair, not looking put together because of what happened with her daughter.


Down below is our actresses/actors, location, and costume design for our film opening.





After that, my partner and I started working on what each actress/actors hair and makeup should be for each scene. Down below is a picture of each characters hair and makeup throughout the film opening.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Film opening

We finally did it!! After all of our hard work and planning, here is our film opening for the movie "Step by Step". I hope you ...